Israeli_Drone_Strike_Kills_Two_Boys_Near_Gaza_Ceasefire_Line

Israeli Drone Strike Kills Two Boys Near Gaza Ceasefire Line

On Saturday, November 29, two Palestinian brothers aged 8 and 10 were killed by an Israeli drone strike in Bani Suheila, east of Khan Younis in southern Gaza.

Israel’s military said it had identified two suspects 'posing an immediate threat' after seeing 'suspicious activities' near the area. Family members, however, told AFP the boys had been out gathering firewood when the strike hit.

Mahmud Bassal, a spokesman for Gaza’s civil defense agency under Hamas authorities, identified the children as Fadi and Jumaa Tamer Abu Assi. Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis confirmed receiving the bodies and said their funerals took place later that afternoon.

The strike occurred around the so-called Yellow Line, a boundary marked by yellow concrete blocks where the Israeli army has withdrawn under a fragile U.S.-brokered ceasefire that came into effect earlier this year on October 10, 2025. Since then, there have been multiple deadly incidents involving Israeli forces firing on people in the area.

The deaths of Fadi and Jumaa underscore the risks faced by civilians in near-border areas despite the ceasefire. Humanitarian groups and young activists across the globe are calling for renewed dialogue to prevent further civilian harm and to ensure that the ceasefire holds.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top